- 1 What should you not do at an Indian wedding?
- 2 Is it OK to not serve food at a wedding?
- 3 What kind of food should not be served at a wedding?
- 4 What food is served at an Indian wedding?
- 5 How much money do you give at an Indian wedding?
- 6 Can you wear black shoes to an Indian wedding?
- 7 Is it tacky to have pizza at a wedding?
- 8 Are wedding favors a waste of money?
- 9 Is a wedding buffet tacky?
- 10 What is the most popular wedding food?
- 11 What should not be at a wedding?
- 12 What is the best meat to serve at a wedding?
- 13 Is alcohol served at Indian weddings?
- 14 Who pays for wedding in Indian culture?
- 15 How many days does an Indian wedding last?
What should you not do at an Indian wedding?
To make things simple, here are a few do’s and don’ts for Indian wedding celebrations:
- Don’t bring boxed gifts.
- Do look the part.
- Don’t wear the same outfit to events.
- Do drink responsibly.
- Don’t dance inappropriately.
Is it OK to not serve food at a wedding?
While you don’t technically have to serve a formal, multicourse dinner, you absolutely do need to offer your guests a solid alternative. Luckily, there are other ways to save on dinner and keep things interesting without depriving your guests.
What kind of food should not be served at a wedding?
8 Foods NOT to Serve at Your Wedding
- All meat, all the time. If you’re a meat lover, it might be tempting to serve nothing but meat at your reception.
- Food that requires a big to-do.
- Raw food.
- Mini versions of everything.
- An eight-course meal.
- Overly complex dishes.
- Only exotic eats.
- Typical wedding foods.
What food is served at an Indian wedding?
To quickly recap, 15 popular Indian wedding food dishes are:
- Pea & Mint Soup.
- Dahi Bhalla.
- Aloo Tikki.
- Dal Bukhara.
- Litti Chokha.
- Dal Makhani.
- Butter Chicken.
- Amritsari Paneer Tikka.
How much money do you give at an Indian wedding?
The amount of the cash gift varies and is personal to each guest. Whereas you might think of nice round numbers like $50, $70, or $100, in Indian culture we never give a gift ending in 0. The amounts usually end with a “1” such as $51 or $101.
Can you wear black shoes to an Indian wedding?
” Guests can wear any other color except for black. It’s definitely not a color you should wear at an Indian wedding.”
Is it tacky to have pizza at a wedding?
Even if they had a meat dish with no dairy, they don’t know the source of the meat. Pizza at the reception is fine, it’s your attitude here that is tacky.
Are wedding favors a waste of money?
Wedding favors A lot of times they get thrown in guests’ carry-on bags and then to the junk drawer. ” Personalized favors are a huge waste of money and are totally a product of the wedding industry,” commenter wrigleyville aid on The Knot.
Is a wedding buffet tacky?
People sometimes ask if a buffet dinner is tacky for a wedding reception. It’s not a question of tacky or not. It all depends on overall style and theme of your event. If you are planning a formal wedding reception, than a buffet style meal might look out of place.
What is the most popular wedding food?
Wedding Finger Food Ideas
- Caprese Cups. If you and your partner plan to feed your guests Italian cuisine, then these Caprese cups are the perfect savory appetizer for cocktail hour.
- Mini Tacos.
- Veggie Roll-ups.
- French Fries.
- Spring Rolls.
What should not be at a wedding?
20 Things You Should Never Do at Weddings
- Get Engaged.
- Give a Drunk Speech.
- Wear a White Dress.
- Show Up Late.
- Strip Tease on the Dance Floor.
- Wing a Wedding Speech.
- Show Up the Bride.
- Bring a Random Gift.
What is the best meat to serve at a wedding?
Beef: The Top Choice Beef reigns supreme among wedding guests. The top-selling meal at weddings held at Kimpton Lorien is a filet and crab cake with pommes puree, french beans, and Béarnaise sauce. Other popular beef selections include beef tenderloin and red wine braised beef short rib.
Is alcohol served at Indian weddings?
However, this varies greatly on the couples themselves as well as their families. Will there be alcohol? “It’s important for attendees to know that there is no alcohol served or brought to the Hindu wedding ceremony,” says Patel.
Who pays for wedding in Indian culture?
Who pays for an Indian wedding? It’s mostly split between the couple and their parents, 50/50. Sometimes however, if one side is insisting on more guests or extra fanfare, then those costs are adjusted.
How many days does an Indian wedding last?
How long is an Indian wedding? A typical Indian wedding timeline stretches about three days. The Hindu wedding ceremony, which takes place on the third day, usually lasts between one-and-a-half to two hours and is then followed by the reception. The whole day clocks around 16 hours.