- 1 How can I cook for 100 guests?
- 2 How do you calculate food for a party?
- 3 What do you serve at a indian dinner party?
- 4 What is the cheapest party food?
- 5 What should I cook for a big crowd?
- 6 How many appetizers do I need for 30 guests?
- 7 How many burgers do I need for a party of 30?
- 8 How do you calculate drinks for a party?
- 9 How do I make a party menu?
- 10 How do you serve dinner to guests?
- 11 What are popular Indian snacks?
- 12 How do you plan a party for 50?
- 13 How can I cater cheaply?
How can I cook for 100 guests?
How to cook for 100 people – Erika’s tips
- If you’re making something new, test the recipe ahead of time.
- Keep the decorations simple.
- Pad the menu with a few easy dishes.
- Use all your appliances.
- Choose recipes that can be made ahead, in full or in part.
- The buffet is your friend.
- Make a prep schedule.
How do you calculate food for a party?
The easiest rule is the “ One Pound Rule.” Provide one pound of food for each adult guest (not including drinks or dessert). NON-BOOZY DRINKS: Calculate two drinks the first hour and then an additional drink for every hour after that.
What do you serve at a indian dinner party?
Tips to plan an Indian party menu
- 1-2 appetizers and a beverage.
- 1-2 dips and pickle.
- One curry with a gravy and one without a gravy (plus one meat dish if applicable)
- One lentil or bean dish.
- One rice dish.
- One raita or Dahi Vada.
- Some type of bread to eat with the curry.
- 1-2 desserts.
What is the cheapest party food?
Party Food and Snack Ideas on a Budget
- Loose meat sandwiches.
- Baked potatoes.
- Cheese and crackers.
- Vegetables and dip.
What should I cook for a big crowd?
37 Big-Batch Dishes to Feed a Crowd
- White Pesto Spinach Lasagna (10 Servings)
- Slow-Cooker Crispy Carnitas (10 Servings)
- Baked Sausage and Cheese Rigatoni (8 Servings)
- Caramelized Shiitake Mushroom Risotto (8 Servings)
- Korean Beef Tacos (12 Servings)
- Healthy Instant-Pot Turkey Chili (8 Servings)
How many appetizers do I need for 30 guests?
A general rule here is about 3 different appetizer recipes for 10 people, 5 different appetizer recipes for 30 people and 7 different appetizer recipes for 50 people.
How many burgers do I need for a party of 30?
Assuming 30 quarter-pound burgers, you would need 7.5 pounds of ground beef. It is smart to aim for 35 burgers, in case a few people love them, or in case you drop a couple. Therefore, purchase 8.25 pounds of ground beef to be on the safe side. For the bratwursts, pick up approximately 40 sausages.
How do you calculate drinks for a party?
It’s a lot easier than calculating how much alcohol to get for a party. The formula is short and simple – all you to do is make sure that every guest has a drink for every hour of the party, plus one extra in case they want more. So the formula is: # of soft drinks = # of guests * (party duration in hours + 1).
In general, a dinner party menu should include:
- Appetizers – I usually keep them on the lighter side – one hot, one cold at most; sometimes just one and a bowl of nuts or chips.
- Main dish.
- Two side dishes (one vegetable, one potato/rice/grain, or sometimes two vegetables)
How do you serve dinner to guests?
The guest of honor seated on the host’s right is always served each dish first. If there is serving help, servers move around the table counter-clockwise from her, serving the host last. When food is served directly from the kitchen, service is also counterclockwise from the host’s right, with the host served last.
What are popular Indian snacks?
The 10 Best Snacks to Eat During Your Trip to India
- Samosa. Samosa is a common snack in India and has been a favorite of Indians for generations, although it is quite carb-heavy.
- Vada Pav. Vada Pav is a popular on-the-go snack of the Indian state of Maharashtra.
- Masala Papad.
How do you plan a party for 50?
How to Plan a Party for 50 People
- Set a date for your party.
- Choose a venue to host your party.
- Pick a theme.
- Develop a budget.
- Send out invitations to your guests.
- Arrange for catering, photographers, flowers and any hired help that you will need three weeks before the party will take place.
How can I cater cheaply?
On a Budget? 8 Cheap Catering Ideas
- Serve breakfast, any time. It’s no secret that morning menus are cheap.
- Arrange buffets over boxed lunches.
- Opt for less expensive cuts of meat.
- Choose cost-efficient cuisines.
- Remember, time is money.
- Behave at the bar.
- Go casual and forgo staff.
- Understand proper portions.